Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My poor neglected blog. I used it to document the goings on in the community garden and then I more or less abandoned the community garden. I got an email last week from the administrator saying that I was going to be kicked out if I didn't get my box in shape. It's still sitting fallow from being "summerized." All the weeds and old plants were pulled and the box was covered with plastic. The idea is to heat the soil to sterilize it against any of the old plants restarting. It worked last year, but the plants that grew were not satisfactory. This year, before I plant anything I have to put in a couple of bags of new soil and be sure to fertilize a little with some good old organic fertilizer. I'm planning to grow tomatoes and basil again. I think that some rosemary and tarragon might be nice too. In Raoul's box, I was thinking about squash and eggplant. Isora's box should be filled with marigolds and some other flowers. I don't want to grow any herbs or vegetables because she had such a problem with the harvest. It's not easy explaining the gardening concept to a person with a mental handicap.


This is a fake store front.


No comments: